One of Monterey's premier canneries, the Monterey Canning Company, remained a major processor throughout the Monterey sardine era. Cans filled at the packing tables and cooked by steam pressure in their cans in the cannery were shuttled to this warehouse through the cross-over for boxing and shipment. The construction and success of this cannery and its warehouse in 1916 sped the decline and eventual dispersal of the Chinese from Ocean View Avenue's second Chinatown, established on nearby McAbee Beach in 1907.
Today the warehouse of the Monterey Canning Company provides visitors with specialty shops, restaurants and eclectic gifts from Steinbeck's famous street.
* Please note that availability and business names change periodically. For the most up to date floor plans and availability, please contact our leasing department at 831-649-6690.
- Hatley (B)
- Christine Johnson, artist (L)
- Dippin' Dots (D)
- Himalayan Gifts (C - 2)
- Mrs. Laurie Palm & Card Reader (C - 1)
- Rosie's Apparel & Toy Store (C - 3 & 4)
- Starbucks (A & E)
- Steinbeck Jewelers (G)
- Studio B Barbara Kreitman Fine Art (K)
- Zucchini's Tricks N' Things (H)